Therapeutic Gaming Groups
Therapeutic Gaming Groups are run by Licensed Therapists acting as "Game Master" (or GM). Game Master's utilize modified Dungeons & Dragons and other creative and expressive activities. Experience with Dungeons & Dragons or other role playing games is not required for participation. Throughout the course of group intervals, the Game Master will progressively teach group members the rules of a modified version of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition while tailoring the game experience to help achieve therapeutic goals.
- Groups are open to children ages 8 and older and separated appropriately by age/maturity level.
- Groups will consist of up to 5 participants.
- Groups are specifically helpful for children with issues related to ADHD, Social Anxiety Disorders, Self-Esteem Issues, Anger Management issues, Social Skills related to ASD and other related issues.
- Groups are helpful for children who lack hobbies/interests apart from television and/or video games.
- Groups are helpful for children who avoid or struggle with age appropriate socialization.
Roll for Progress Therapeutic Gaming Groups occur weekly and run for 3 month intervals. Groups typically take place on a recurring week night from 6:00pm - 7:30pm.
Once you have signed up, completed intake paperwork, your child will be placed on a waiting list until there is either room in an existing group or a new group has enough participants to begin.
At the conclusion of the 3 month interval, children who wish to continue in their current group for the next interval are given first priority over the wait list.
Shissler Recreation Center (Fishtown)
1800 Blair St.
Philadelphia PA 19125
How to Get Started:
If you are interested in signing your child up for a Roll for Progress Therapeutic Gaming Group please fill out an Initial Application Form and we will contact you shortly.
If you have any questions feel free to email: